Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I don’t have time to work out is BS

I don’t have time to work out. “I have to work, kids, spouse, ect.” What I hear is “I’m too lazy, I don’t like to hurt, I’ll get all sweaty, I don’t know how, ect.” You don’t have time for exercise, but you do have time to sit on your ass and watch it get big? Come on people! There is always time for some type of exercise. You don’t have to look like the people in magazines, or be the model of Health&fitness, but be real. I can understand not having time for the gym. But, there are many ways around that. Here are a few.

Take a walk with the family after dinner. One can alternate pushups and crunches every other block, or even bring light weights on the walk. Play with the kids, you can do pushups with them on your back. Get some exercise DVD’s and do it with family or friends. Put an exercise machine of some sort in front of the television. You can work out and zone out at the same time. Playing motion capture video games, "Wii, PS3 wand." Even waking up 15 minutes earlier in the morning just to stretch will increase your metabolism throughout the day.

Bottom line my friends, unless you are paralyzed from the neck down, there are no excuses. You can do it. It’s as easy as standing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment